Thursday, October 12, 2017

It's A Girl!!!

Amelia Jean came into the world.  As I was being cleaned up so I could be moved to recovery, I heard the sweetest cry from Amelia as the NICU nurse was telling me that she didn't think Amelia was going to cry. Hearing those words killed me, but baby girl proved them wrong. I got to see her briefly before she was taken to get an ultrasound done to see if the doctors were wrong. Sadly, they weren't and we were only going to have a little time with her.

After getting settled into the room, they brought Amelia in and I got to hold her for the first time. Man she was beautiful. Head full of dark brown hair, gorgeous brown eyes. She looked like me. She was then passed around for the family to meet her. Our son got to meet and hold his baby sister finally. I will never forget how happy he was. Our pastor and his wife came up and got to meet her too. He said a sweet and wonderful prayer as I held her. By 1:30am, I could tell her little body was ready to go. At 1:52am the nurse confirmed that my sweet Amelia had gained her wings.

I am so glad that she got to meet my family before she went. In her very short life, all she knew was love.

Amelia Jean 10/12/17 to 10/13/17

No comments:

Post a Comment